CASS is seeking an experienced Accounting Specialist to provide support to major accounting areas including accounts payable, accounts receivable, Rapid Re-Housing, payroll and general ledger in accordance with GAAP. Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS), is a non-profit 501 (c)(3), and Arizona's largest provider of shelter and supportive services to adults and families experiencing homelessness. For more information about CASS, please visit our website at www.cassaz.org.
Provide timely and accurate payments by processing accounts payable checks weekly and Rapid Re-Housing checks daily
- Receive and verify invoices and disbursement requests;
- Insure proper signing authority on all payment requests;
- Verify coding on all payables;
- Enter payables in the accounting system;
- Create and maintain spreadsheets for vendors;
- Prepare checks for mailing;
- Scan invoices and checks and maintain electronic and paper vendor files;
- Review 1099 vendor information for completeness and accuracy.
Process accounts receivable
- Code funds received and enter into accounts receivable;
- Prepare daily bank deposit.
Provide general accounting support
- Prepare and enter journal entries in the accounting system;
- Serve as payroll back-up;
- Assist with general financial reporting;
Ensure data integrity and accurate reporting:
- Make accurate and timely entries in accounting system;
- Maintain complete and organized electronic and paper files.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Provide friendly customer service to vendors, managers and employees;
- Commitment to a solution-focused work environment and the clear intention to meet department goals and expectations;
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills; ability to manage time in order to meet multiple deadlines;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions
- Sitting at a desk for extended periods of time to accomplish tasks;
- Ability to lift objects up to 20 pounds in order to move office supplies;
- Manual dexterity in order to use keyboard and mouse;
- Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze reports and data.
Skills / Requirements
- Associates degree in business related area and two years of basic accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of accounting rules regulations policies and procedures;
- High level of proficiency in Excel and Outlook, highly accurate data entry skills, exposure to automated accounting systems;
- State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain one.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related area and four years of basic accounting experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience with fund accounting;
- Automated payroll processing experience.
CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays and a generous PTO. We drug test.
Pay: $15 to $18/hour
CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays and a generous PTO.
Job Status: Full Time