CASE MANAGER FOR SENIORS
CASS is seeking a hands-on Intensive Case Manager to serve as both field-work navigator and Case Manager. He or she will identify and work directly with individuals 55 and older who are experiencing long-term homelessness or have significant challenges obtaining stable housing such as serious mental illness and/or medical vulnerability. This is an active and fast-paced role.
Identify vulnerable seniors and build an effective case plan for them customized to their individual needs:
- Conduct in-depth intake interview;
- Review HMIS database for background information on returning clients;
- Assess client to develop effective case plan;
- Review case plan with client; provide resource information, referrals, and direction.
Refer client to appropriate housing providers, and support in seeking income:
- Identify clients’ specific housing needs, their strengths, resources and potential challenges to obtaining stable housing;
- Collaborate with housing providers to expedite housing opportunities for clients;
- Per agency guidelines, provision clothing, bus tickets, haircut vouchers, etc.;
- Be readily available to answer questions, follow-up and discuss challenges and progress; provide walk-in assistance.
Conduct weekly and ad-hoc follow-up sessions with clients to facilitate success in achieving their goals:
- Review progress, monitor notes in system from other departments, and obtain additional information to assure client in adhering to the case plan;
- Assist client with applications and forms; make contact with other providers with and on behalf of client;
- Assist client in obtaining forms, completing paperwork, and contacting referrals;
- Make complete and accurate notes in HMIS system prior to end of each shift;
- Close out files.
- Build and maintain relationships with campus partners;
- Seek out resources for seniors;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Commitment to a solution-focused work environment and the clear intention to meet client expectations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to write complete and concise case notes;
- Desire and capacity to work in fast-paced, high-energy hands-on work environment;
- Able to remain clear-headed when conflicts, crisis and emergency situations arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in social or behavioral science or related field and one-year of directly related experience;
- Strong knowledge of 55+ resources;
- Must have State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or apply upon receipt of offer of employment;
- Valid AZ Driver License and a driving record that meets agency standards. Must have reliable transportation. Proof of insurance is required.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook; highly accurate data entry skills.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish;
- Gerontology certification.
- This job includes outreach and some hours will be spent working out of doors;
- Walking and standing are required;
- This job includes driving an automobile;
- This job requires the manual dexterity to operate a keyboard and mouse.
EOE - CASS isn't just an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills that will support our agency's mission and vision. CASS does not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristics.
CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays, paid sick time, and a generous PTO plan.
CASS IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE, AND WE DRUG TEST
Pay: from $18/hour
Job Status: Full Time