CASE MANAGER, HOMELESS SERVICES
Are you a top performer motivated by the opportunity to make a huge impact on the community? CASS is seeking an experienced Case Manager to work directly with individuals who are experiencing homelessness; provide support and referrals to service providers to expedite clients’ opportunities to obtain employment and obtain and retain stable housing so clients become self-sufficient and end their homelessness.
Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS), is a non-profit 501 (c)(3), and the largest provider of shelter and services to homeless adults in Arizona. CASS offers a wide variety of services meeting the needs of the homeless community, including shelter for adults and families; housing; supportive services; and a 5 Star rated accredited child development program. For more information about CASS, please visit our website at www.cassaz.org.
Job Summary: Work directly with individuals who are experiencing homelessness. Provide support and referrals to service providers to expedite clients’ opportunities to obtain employment and obtain and retain stable housing so they may become self-sufficient and end their homelessness.
Identify vulnerable individuals and build an effective case plan for them customized to their individual needs:
- Conduct in-depth intake interview
- Review HMIS database for background information on returning clients
- Assess client to develop effective case plan
- Review case plan with client; provide resource information, referrals, and direction
Refer client to appropriate housing providers or if the client is job ready, assist clients in the employment process:
- Identify client’s specific housing needs, their resources, and barriers to create a housing plan
- Collaborate with housing providers to expedite housing opportunities
- Assess skills and previous vocational experience of clients by conducting intake discussions and reviewing case management notes
- Review job listings with clients, providing guidance for pursuing opportunities
- clothing, bus tickets, haircut vouchers, email accounts, etc.
- Perform employment verifications
- Conduct follow-up discussions and provide walk-up assistance
Conduct weekly follow-up meetings with clients to provide continued support in achieving case plan goals:
- Review progress, monitor notes in system from other departments, and obtain additional information to support client in adhering to the case plan
- Determine and administer consequences for non-compliance with case plan goals
- Assist client in obtaining forms, completing paperwork, and contacting referrals
- Serve as an advocate; champion clients
- Make complete and accurate notes in HMIS system
- Compile data and produce reports for analysis and assessment of program effectiveness
- Provide “success stories” and other positive client progress information to development team
Ensure data integrity for accurate reporting:
- Enter client information into HMIS promptly; maintain a case file for each resident
- Review updated case notes daily
- Ensure that HMIS files are closed promptly after client’s exit
Seek out training opportunities for clients:
- Determine individual training needs and connect clients to appropriate training for employment and life skills
- Identify suitable job training programs and promote to clients, especially regarding resumes and online applications
- Establish and maintain referral resources in the community
- Assist in training newly hired staff
- Build and sustain relationships with campus partners
- Perform other duties as required
Needed Competencies and Proficiencies
- Competent written and verbal communication skills; competent in interpersonal negotiation
- Ability to remain cool-headed and make good decisions in difficult situations
- Commitment to a solution-focused work environment and the clear intention to meet clients’ expectations
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment however, occasional off-site venues and outside event areas in various weather conditions are expected. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds unassisted. The employee must be able to self-transfer and move throughout the facilities, between buildings, and around campus at multiple sites. Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze reports and data. Visual acuity and physical ability to operate a motor vehicle. The individual will need to sit at a desk for extended periods of time to accomplish tasks and must have the manual dexterity in order to use keyboard and mouse.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are primarily Monday through Friday with time allotted for breaks/lunch. Scheduled hours may vary depending on agency needs. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in social or behavioral science or related field and minimum of one-year of social services experience, or equivalent relevant work experience;
- Strong knowledge of community resources;
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card;
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook; highly accurate data entry skills;
- CPR-First Aid certification within 90 days of employment;
- Naloxone (Narcan) training within 90 days of employment.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
CASS isn't just an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills that will support our agency's mission and vision. CASS does not discriminate against qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, disability or medical condition (including genetics), national origin, veteran status, gender identify, sexual orientation, or any other categories protected by federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws.
CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays, paid sick time, and a generous PTO plan.
CASS IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE, AND WE DRUG TEST
Pay: from $17/hour
CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays and a generous PTO.
Job Status: Full Time