CASE MANAGER HOUSING VOUCHER PROGRAM FOR HOMELESS
Are you motivated by an opportunity to make a huge impact on our community?
CASS is seeking an experienced Case Manager to help us advance a new community initiative that provides hotel vouchers to the most vulnerable men and women experiencing homelessness to get them off the street and into a safe place. This is an amazing opportunity for you to help us and help our community end homelessness. This is a fast-paced and active role.
Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS), is a non-profit 501 (c)(3), and the largest provider of emergency shelter and housing solutions to adults and families experiencing homelessness in Arizona. The mission of CASS is to empower men, women, and children with diverse needs to end their homelessness by helping them establish and maintain permanent housing. For more information about CASS, please visit our website at www.cassaz.org.
Needed Competencies and Proficiencies:
- Skilled at conflict resolution, time management, and organization;
- Professional appearance and demeanor; ability to set and maintain professional boundaries;
- Ability to be fair and decisive, ascertaining facts without bias;
- Ability to provide focused, clear-headed direction to staff when conflict and emergency situations arise;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds unassisted. The employee must be able to self-transfer, climb stairs and move throughout the facilities, between buildings, and around the property. Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze reports and data. Visual acuity and physical ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Bachelors degree and minimum of two-years relevant human services experience working with the under-served, impoverished and/or the homeless or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Supervisory experience including experience cultivating and developing teams;
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Minimum of one year of experience documenting case notes and data entry; highly accurate data entry skills.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- CPR and 1st Aid certifications.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Experience in Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) or similar database.
We value diversity. EOE
We drug test.
We offer a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) with employer match, 10 paid holidays, paid sick leave, and PTO.
Pay: from $16.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time