CHILDCARE TEACHER - TODDLER
Provide quality care and education to children ages 2 to 3 years old.
- Comply with all Arizona Department of Health Services (DHS) licensing standards and accreditation guidelines including:
- Provide quality care and education
- Establish and maintain a positive, nurturing and learning environment
- Develop and implement lesson plans in keeping with developmental milestones of each assigned child.
- Support child development
- Use a formal assessment tool to monitor and record individual children’s developmental status and progress.
- Inform parents of child’s activities, behaviors and progress during the time in care.
- Discuss any developmental concerns identified in a child with Program Supervisor and participate in plan for follow-up with parents.
- Report suspicion of child abuse or neglect to the Program Supervisor and Child Protective Services as prescribed by DHS Licensing.
- Ensure personal hygiene needs of children are met, including diapering and potty training.
- Perform administrative and cleaning duties
- Maintain daily attendance, meal count, diapering log, medicine log, Sunshine Reports, emergency contact information and other records as required by DHS Licensing.
- Ensure parents complete daily sign-in/sign-out sheets.
- Ensure the classrooms, bathrooms, and outdoor areas are clean/sanitized and free from hazards, notifying Program Supervisor of needed repairs.
- Participate in staff training sessions, meetings, and programs as requested.
- Coordinate efforts of teacher aides, community volunteers, and parent volunteers assigned to the classroom.
- Assist in planning, shopping, preparation and serving of meals and snacks in accordance with CACFP guidelines.
- Drives agency vehicle as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
This job primarily operates in an indoor and outdoor classroom environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to; sit on the floor; stoop and bend; stand (up to 95% of the work day); walk; use stairs, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects and children up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects or children up to 40 pounds unassisted. The employee must be able to self-transfer and move throughout the classroom environments and facility and between buildings. Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze assessments and other data.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are with time allotted for breaks/lunch.
Skills / Requirements
- Associate degree in Early Childhood or related area or CDA.
- Minimum of 18 months experience providing childcare services to pre-school children;
- Ability to obtain State of Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stoop and bend to interact on child’s level throughout the day;
- Ability to stand up to 95% of the workday;
- Demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written;
- Physically and mentally reacts appropriately and immediately to unexpected circumstances;
- Familiar with DHS child care licensing regulations as they pertain to the Toddler II classroom.
- Bachelor degree in Early Childhood or related area;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish;
- Experience working with homeless children or low income families;
- Basic computer skills;
- Possess a valid Arizona driver license and good driving record;
- CPR-First Aid certification within 90 days of employment;
- Naloxone (Narcan) training within 90 days of employment.
Pay: from $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time