CHILDREN'S PROGRAM FACILITATOR
Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS), is a non-profit 501 (c)(3), and the largest provider of emergency shelter and housing solutions to adults and families experiencing homelessness in Arizona. The mission of CASS is to empower men, women, and children with diverse needs to end their homelessness by helping them establish and maintain permanent housing. For more information about CASS, please visit our website at www.cassaz.org.
CASS has an immediate employment opportunity for a full-time Children's Program Facilitator to support the service of quality care and education to preschool age children by performing administrative support activities, supporting the teacher, providing meals, and maintaining a clean and safe environment for the children.
Provide administrative support to teachers and Program Manager:
- Perform office tasks such as faxing, shredding and making copies;
- Track and compile data, such as attendance, meal count, etc., for report preparation;
- Maintain adequate stock of office and classroom supplies;
- Maintain organized records and filing system;
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a positive nurturing and learning environment;
- Act as a substitute preschool teacher, as needed;
- Ensure all necessary record-keeping and classrooms forms are copied for teachers;
- Supervise children during nap/quiet time daily (includes during 45 minute lunch breaks and 10 minute morning breaks);
- Ensure personal hygiene needs of children are met, including diapering and potty training;
- Report suspicion of child abuse or neglect to the Program Manager;
- Assist in monitoring parental sign-in/sign-out sheets and other records;
- Assist in creation and implementation of lesson plans if requested or subbing in a classroom.
Provide daily meals in accordance with CACFP guidelines:
- Plan menus, shop, prepare, and serve breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack;
- Monitor and control food portions;
- Maintain sufficient inventory of food items that are properly stored with label and date;
- Maintain a clean and safe kitchen area, adhering to state health department standards Perform other cleaning and maintenance activities;
Maintain clean classrooms, bathrooms, office, and outdoor areas that are free from hazards:
- Launder weekly (sometimes daily for infants depending on amount), including bedding and soiled clothes;
- Maintain sufficient inventory of cleaning supplies by monitoring and notifying Program Manager as needed;
- Provide guidance to client/volunteer cleaning activities;
- Organize and store childcare donations.
- Perform other duties as required;
- Drive agency vehicle as needed.
- Commitment to a solution-focused work environment and the clear intention to meet clients' expectations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to remain clear-headed when conflicts, crisis and emergency situations arise.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, moving from one work space to another and climb stairs;
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, stoop, and bend to interact on child's level throughout the day;
- Manual dexterity in order to use keyboard and mouse;
- Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze reports and data.
Skills / Requirements
- A current CDA or nine college credits in Early Childhood Education or Child Development, and a minimum of six months experience providing childcare services to children 0 through 5 years of age;
- Valid Arizona driver's license and a driving record that meets agency standards;
- Ability to obtain Food Handlers card;
- Ability to obtain State of Arizona Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card;
- Moderate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish;
- Experience working with homeless children.
CASS drug tests. All Vista Colina employees must possess or be able to obtain a State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
Pay: $11.25 to $12.25/hour
CASS provides a generous benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, PTO, paid holidays, wellness benefits, tuition assistance and retirement plan
Job Status: Full Time