Job Summary: Advocate for clients in the shelter; identify and work directly with individuals who enter emergency shelter. Provide support and referrals to service providers to expedite clients’ opportunities to obtain and retain stable housing. This is an active and fast-paced role.
Identify vulnerable individuals and build an effective case plan for them customized to their individual needs:
- Conduct in-depth intake interview for individuals;
- Triage individuals to different levels of case management support;
- Assess client to develop effective case plan;
- Review case plan with client; provide resource information, referrals, and direction.
Refer client to appropriate housing providers, and support in seeking income:
- Identify clients’ specific housing needs, their strengths, resources and potential challenges to obtaining stable housing;
- Collaborate with housing providers to expedite housing opportunities for clients;
- Per agency guidelines, provision clothing, bus tickets, haircut vouchers, etc.;
- Be readily available to answer questions, follow-up and discuss challenges and progress; provide walk-in assistance.
Conduct weekly and ad-hoc follow-up sessions with clients to facilitate success in achieving their goals:
- Review progress, monitor notes in system from other departments, and obtain additional information to ensure clients are adhering to their case plan;
- Assist clients with applications and forms; make contact with other providers with and on behalf of clients;
- Assist clients in obtaining forms, completing paperwork, and contacting referrals
- Make complete and accurate notes in HMIS system prior to end of each shift; close out files promptly;
- Provide success stories.
- Build and maintain relationships with campus partners;
- Perform other duties as required.
Needed Competencies and Proficiencies
- Commitment to a solution-focused work environment and the clear intention to meet client expectations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Desire and capacity to work in fast-paced, high-energy hands-on work environment;
- Able to remain clear-headed when conflicts, crisis and emergency situations arise.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment however, occasional off-site venues and outside event areas in various weather conditions are expected. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds unassisted. The employee must be able to self-transfer and move throughout the facilities, between buildings, and around campus at multiple sites. Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze reports and data. Visual acuity and physical ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The position will primarily work Monday-Friday, but scheduled hours may vary depending on agency needs. Time is allotted for breaks/lunch. Weekend work may be occasionally required as job duties demand. Travel is primarily local during the business day.
- High school diploma or equivalent and one-year of directly related experience;
- Strong knowledge of resources;
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card;
- CPR and 1st Aid certifications.
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook; highly accurate data entry skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish;
- Experience with Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
We value diversity. EOE
We drug test.
We offer a rich benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurances, a 403(b) with employer match, 10 paid holidays, paid sick leave and PTO.
Pay: from $15.60/hour
Job Status: Full Time