CLIENT CARE COORDINATORS FT AND PT VARIOUS SHIFTS
Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS), is a non-profit 501 (c)(3), and the largest provider of emergency shelter and housing solutions to adults and families experiencing homelessness in Arizona. The mission of CASS is to empower men, women, and children with diverse needs to end their homelessness by helping them establish and maintain permanent housing. For more information about CASS, please visit our website at www.cassaz.org. Part-time hours are Friday evenings and Saturday and Sunday days. Full-time hours are second shift, 2PM-11PM and third shift, 10PM-7AM.
Provide direct client support:
- Register new clients, issue photo ID; explain agency rules and policies;
- Perform daily check-in of clients in Homeless Management Information System (HMIS); provide linens and assist with bag and tag process;
- Escort clients to Case Management and other campus partner agencies;
- Attend to client needs, answer questions, resolve problems and escalate to Lead when necessary;
- Monitor bed occupancy to ensure maximum usage;
- Conduct daily/random walk-throughs of facility ensuring conditions are safe and clients are adhering to shelter policies and procedures;
- Provide clients with information and referrals; document the interaction(s) in HMIS;
- Uphold CASS policies and procedures.
Participate in the efficient operation of the Shelter:
- Answer and direct incoming calls, provide information; monitor security gate access;
- Communicate and collaborate with other CASS departments and employees and outside agencies;
- Maintain complete and organized client files;
- Enter relevant data in HMIS accurately and according to shelter policies and procedures;
- Assist in the receipt and distribution of donations;
- Maintain adequate and organized stock of office and cleaning supplies and hygiene items; distribute hygiene items to clients as needed;
- Prepare Incident Reports (IR)and other reports;
- Maintain a clean, organized work area; wipe down counters and chairs on every shift;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Commitment to a solution-focused work environment and the clear intention to meet clients' expectations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to remain clear-headed when conflicts, crisis and emergency situations arise.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, moving from one workspace to another;
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 20 pounds unassisted;
- Manual dexterity in order to use keyboard and mouse;
- Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze reports and data.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Intermediate proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook calendaring; highly accurate data entry skills;
- State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain one.
- Experience working with the homeless or impoverished;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Pay: from $11.50/hour
Job Status: Part Time