CUSTODIAN - EVENING SHIFT - ESSENTIAL WORKER PAY + SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL
Are you a top performer motivated by the opportunity to make a huge impact on the community?
Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS), is a non-profit 501 (c)(3), and the largest provider of shelter and services to homeless adults in Arizona. CASS offers a wide variety of services meeting the needs of individuals and families experiencing homelessness. Our mission is to prevent and end homelessness among individuals and families while advancing compassionate community solutions. For more information about CASS, please visit our website at www.cassaz.org.
CASS is seeking an experienced Custodian to work the evening shifts, Wednesday through Friday from 4:00 pm to 1:00 am and Saturday & Sunday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm cleaning the women's dorm, restroom, and shower areas.
Provide routine cleaning of shelter:
- Clean and sanitize all restrooms and common areas; stock areas with supplies such as hand soap, paper towels and toilet paper.
- Clean, mop, wash, buff and vacuum floors.
- Dust, clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Empty all trash and remove to outside dumpsters.
- Report malfunction of bathroom fixtures, light fixtures, and/or damages to room and dorm furnishings to supervisor and initiate work orders for repair / maintenance.
- Follow all safety procedures for equipment and job functions and use personal protective equipment.
- Use chemicals per OSHA and MSDS regulations.
- Perform routine safety inspections on equipment.
- Clean spills using blood born pathogen kits and/or OSHA approved spill kits.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds such as furniture, cleaning equipment and chemical containers, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to be able to hear conversations in quiet and noisy environments.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical equipment. The employee may frequently work with toxic or caustic chemicals such as petroleum products, de-greasers, gases fumes, cleaning products and sprays. The employee also works in outside weather conditions and is can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Wednesday through Friday from 4:00 pm to 1:00 am & Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with time allotted for breaks/lunch.
Pay includes base pay $2/ hour shift differential and additional $2/hour special pay (essential service worker) offered until December 27, 2020.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of one-year of custodial/maintenance experience in a commercial facility;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card;
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Ability to maintain boundaries and to communicate clearly and professionally;
- Commitment to a solution-focused work environment and the clear intention to meet client expectations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to write complete and concise case notes;
- Must demonstrate personal responsibility and integrity, show initiative and an ability to work independently;
- Must be sensitive to cultural diversity and lifestyle issues;
- Desire and capacity to work in fast-paced, high-energy hands-on work environment;
- Able to remain clear-headed when conflicts, crisis and emergency situations arise.
- Behavioral Health license;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
EOE - CASS isn't just an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills that will support our agency's mission and vision. CASS does not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristics.
CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays, paid sick time, and a generous PTO plan.
CASS DRUG TESTS
Pay: from $13.50/hour
Pay includes base pay + $2/hour shift differential + additional $2/hour special pay (essential service worker) until December 27, 2020.
Job Status: Full Time