Director of Development
Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS), is a non-profit 501 (c)(3), and the largest provider of emergency shelter and housing solutions to adults and families experiencing homelessness in Arizona. The mission of CASS is to empower men, women, and children with diverse needs to end their homelessness by helping them establish and maintain permanent housing. For more information about CASS, please visit our website at www.cassaz.org.
The Development Director is responsible for planning and execution of a diverse fund development plan at the direction of the CEO. Duties include management of the Fund Development team and include marketing, public relations, grants, donor management and community relations. This is a small, fast-paced department and the job is hands-on. The job requires a sense of humor!
The successful candidate will be emotionally intelligent, self-aware, socially aware, and a strong relationship builder. He or she must be able to polish a grant, tour a donor, approve a mailing and update a dashboard, all in an afternoon. They must be able to produce high-quality work quickly, manage time effectively and have the ability to edit an RFP, write thank you notes and engage donors. He or she must be able to communicate effectively to a broad audience both verbally and in writing. He or she must be comfortable using social media.
Execute strategic fund development plan and budget with key priorities, deadlines and goals:
- Develop and lead successful fund development team and related activities:
- Effectively communicate agency mission and vision to the community;
- Forecast, report and manage budget;
- Partner with CEO and Board of Director to reach revenue goals for CASS.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, non-profit management, marketing or closely related field;
- Minimum of three-years successful experience raising funds for an agency with financials over five million dollars;
- Experience in leading marketing plans, fundraisers and activities to support revenue attainment;
- Familiar with private and public sector grant processes;
- Experienced in overseeing donors, volunteers and community relations;
- Public relations, media and social media management experience;
- Executive level of verbal and written communications skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact database management; and
- Passionate advocate in gaining support for resolving homelessness.
- Advanced degree in non-profit management, business, marketing or closely related field;
- Experience building diverse revenue channels in the private sector; and
- Experience working with the homeless or impoverished.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, moving about the building and campus;
- Sitting at a desk for extended periods of time to accomplish tasks;
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 20 pounds unassisted;
- Manual dexterity in order to use keyboard and mouse; and
- Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze reports and data.
We value inclusion. EOE
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) with employer match, paid holidays, PTO, PSL.
Job Status: Full Time