Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS), is a non-profit 501 (c)(3), and the largest provider of emergency shelter and housing solutions to adults and families experiencing homelessness in Arizona. The mission of CASS is to empower men, women, and children with diverse needs to end their homelessness by helping them establish and maintain permanent housing. For more information about CASS, please visit our website at www.cassaz.org.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative and project support to the Chief Executive Officer, the Board of Directors and the Development Department and serves as the CASS Receptionist.
Provide professional support to the Chief Executive Officer
- Conserve CEO’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating telecommunications.
- Maintain CEO’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Serve as the CEO’s partner by anticipating and fulfilling their varied and often immediate needs. Prioritize, delegate, then proactively follow up to resolve problems, avert crises, and fulfill commitments, even in the face of significant push-back.
Coordinate activities of the Board of Directors
- Schedule all Board and Board committee meetings, notify attendees and send reminders.
- Collect agenda items, draft, proof, finalize and distribute agenda to attendees.
- Gather documents and reports and create board packets to distribute with agenda.
- Coordinate meeting venue, refreshments, supplies and room preparation.
- Take minutes of meetings, draft, and proof, finalize and distribute to attendees. Maintain electronic files of minutes.
Serve as CASS Receptionist
- Welcome visitors and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and answering or directing inquiries.
- Collect mail from campus mail room and distribute to CASS' mailboxes. Take mail and packages to local mailing and shipping facilities when necessary.
- Maintain postage meter and administration copier to include; ordering all supplies and ensuring an adequate supply of postage, toner and paper are always on hand, requesting for maintenance and repair.
Provide support to the Development Department
- Schedule tour groups, greet them when they arrive.
- File grant-related documents, track media placement and social media activity/click-thru’s.
- Perform mail merges and assist with large donor mailings.
- Assist with donor prospecting.
- Perform other duties as required.
Needed Competencies and Proficiencies
- Skilled at time management and organization.
- Professional appearance and positive demeanor; ability to set and maintain professional boundaries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with careful attention to accuracy and details.
- Must be discreet and able to protect CASS by keeping information confidential.
- Ability to quickly build trust and strong relationships with management and staff.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with quickly evolving urgencies; able to remain calm and in control when issues arise by using long-term goals and objectives to help guide the way forward.
- Team oriented with a preference for working in a collaborative setting that values diverse opinions.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment however, occasional off-site venues and outside event areas in various weather conditions are expected. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds unassisted. The employee must be able to self-transfer and move throughout the facilities, between buildings, and around campus at multiple sites. Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze reports and data. Visual acuity and physical ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. with time allotted for breaks/lunch. Evening and weekend work may be occasionally required as job duties demand. Travel is primarily local during the business day.
- Associate’s degree in business or related field and a minimum of three years of directly related experience providing executive support or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Word including mail merge, Excel and Outlook. calendaring.
- State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain one.
- Automobile insurance and driving record that meets CASS requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Active State of Arizona Notary.
- We strive to be an inclusive workplace and we value diversity. EOE
We offer a rich benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) with employer match, 10 paid holidays, paid sick leave, and PTO.
Job Status: Full Time