FAMILY CARE COORDINATOR PART-TIME
Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS), is a non-profit 501 (c)(3), and the largest provider of emergency shelter and housing solutions to adults and families experiencing homelessness in Arizona. The mission of CASS is to empower men, women, and children with diverse needs to end their homelessness by helping them establish and maintain permanent housing. For more information about CASS, please visit our website at www.cassaz.org.
CASS has an immediate employment for a Family Care Coordinator to work directly with families who are experiencing homelessness and expedite their opportunities to obtain and retain stable housing so they may become self-sufficient and end their homelessness.
Provide direct client support
- Perform Intakes of clients in Homeless Management Information System (HMIS);
- Attend to client needs, answer questions, resolve problems and escalate to supervisor when necessary;
- Encourage clients to voluntarily assist with light chores;
- Observe client behavior; resolve conflicts and respond effectively during emergency situations.
Maintain a safe, orderly and caring environment:
- Conduct routine property checks to ensure conditions are safe and clients are adhering to policies and procedures;
- Prepare apartments for occupancy; includes cleaning apartments and restocking apartments with sheets, towels, etc. ;
- Answer and direct incoming calls, provide information; monitor security gate access;
- Assist in the receipt and distribution of donations;
- Maintain adequate and organized stock of office and cleaning supplies and hygiene items; distribute hygiene items to clients as needed
- Prepare Incident Reports (IR)and other reports;
Ensure data integrity and accurate reporting:
- Enter data into (HMIS) daily;
- Prepare and distribute Daily Log and other reports;
- Maintain complete and organized files.
- Participate in staff meetings, workshops, and trainings;
- Assist in training and orientation of newly hired staff;
- Communicate and collaborate with outside agencies and referral resources;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Commitment to a solution-focused work environment and the clear intention to meet client expectations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to remain clear-headed when conflicts, crisis and emergency situations arise.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, moving from one building to another;
- Sitting at a desk for extended periods of time to accomplish tasks;
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 25 pounds unassisted;
- Manual dexterity in order to use keyboard and mouse;
- Close visual acuity to prepare and review reports and data.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of one-year of social service experience;
- Intermediate proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook calendaring; highly accurate data entry skills;
- Valid Arizona driver license, insurance and a driving record that meets agency requirement;
- State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain one.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish;
- Experience working with the homeless or impoverished.
CASS offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long term disability benefits, a retirement plan with employer match and a generous paid time off and holiday benefit.
WE DRUG TEST.
Pay: from $11.50/hour
CASS offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
Job Status: Part Time