FAMILY SHELTER SUPPORT STAFF
Job Summary: Maintain a safe, orderly, and caring environment while assisting families with their daily needs; provide community resources and referrals to assist and empower families experiencing homelessness to establish and maintain permanent housing. This is an active and fast-paced role.
Provide direct client support:
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, volunteers, donors, and vendors;
- Register new clients; explain agency rules and policies;
- Perform daily check-in of clients in Homeless Management Information System (HMIS);
- Attend to client needs, answer questions, resolve problems and escalate to case manager or supervisor when necessary;
- Monitor bed occupancy to ensure maximum usage; schedule new families for intake;
- Provide clients with information and referrals; document the interaction(s) in HMIS.
Work with the Shelter team to provide a safe and efficient Shelter operation:
- Conduct daily/random walk-throughs of facility ensuring conditions are safe and clients are adhering to shelter policies and procedures;
- Communicate with the Facilities department to identify safety concerns and needed maintenance and repairs;
- Answer and direct incoming calls, provide information; monitor security gate access;
- Communicate and collaborate with other CASS departments and employees and outside agencies;
- Maintain complete and organized client files;
- Assist in the receipt and distribution of donations;
- Maintain adequate and organized stock of office and cleaning supplies and hygiene items; distribute hygiene items to clients as needed;
- Maintain a clean, organized work area; wipe down counters and chairs on every shift;
- Perform other duties as required.
Ensure data integrity and accurate reporting:
- Enter relevant data in HMIS accurately and according to Shelter policies and procedures;
- Maintain complete and organized files;
- Prepare Incident Reports (IR)and other reports;
- Maintain communication log
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven ability to be flexible and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
This job primarily operates in a family homeless shelter environment however, occasional outreach work and outside event areas in various weather conditions are expected. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds unassisted. The employee must be able to self-transfer and move throughout the facilities, between buildings, and around campus at multiple sites. Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze reports and data. Visual acuity and physical ability to operate a motor vehicle. This is an active and fast-paced role.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a part-time/full-time position. Days and hours of work vary with time allotted for breaks/lunch. Schedule regularly includes evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum age of 18;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card;
- Possess a moderate level of proficiency in data entry, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish;
- Experience working with the homeless and / or impoverished;
- Competent in inter-personal conflict transformation;
- CPR-First Aid certification within 90 days of employment;
- Naloxone (Narcan) training within 90 days of employment.
CASS isn't just an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills that will support our agency's mission and vision. CASS does not discriminate against qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, disability or medical condition (including genetics), national origin, veteran status, gender identify, sexual orientation, or any other categories protected by federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws.
CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays, paid sick time, and a generous PTO plan.
CASS IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE, AND WE DRUG TEST
Pay: from $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time