HOMELESS SHELTER WORKER - ALL SHIFTS
HOMELESS SHELTER WORKER + ESSENTIAL WORKER PAY + ALL SHIFTS
Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS), is a non-profit 501 (c)(3), and the largest provider of emergency shelter and housing solutions to adults and families experiencing homelessness in Arizona. The mission of CASS is to empower men, women, and children with diverse needs to end their homelessness by helping them establish and maintain permanent housing. For more information about CASS, please visit our website at www.cassaz.org. Various hours and shifts, evenings, overnight, weekends.
Provide direct client support:
- Register new clients, issue photo ID; explain agency rules and policies;
- Perform daily check-in of clients in Homeless Management Information System (HMIS); provide linens and assist with bag and tag process;
- Escort clients to Case Management and other campus partner agencies;
- Attend to client needs, answer questions, resolve problems and escalate to Lead when necessary;
- Monitor bed occupancy to ensure maximum usage;
- Conduct daily/random walk-throughs of facility ensuring conditions are safe and clients are adhering to shelter policies and procedures;
- Provide clients with information and referrals; document the interaction(s) in HMIS;
- Uphold CASS policies and procedures.
Participate in the efficient operation of the Shelter:
- Answer and direct incoming calls, provide information; monitor security gate access;
- Communicate and collaborate with other CASS departments and employees and outside agencies;
- Maintain complete and organized client files;
- Enter relevant data in HMIS accurately and according to shelter policies and procedures;
- Assist in the receipt and distribution of donations;
- Maintain adequate and organized stock of office and cleaning supplies and hygiene items; distribute hygiene items to clients as needed;
- Prepare Incident Reports (IR)and other reports;
- Maintain a clean, organized work area; wipe down counters and chairs on every shift;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Commitment to a solution-focused work environment and the clear intention to meet clients' expectations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to remain clear-headed when conflicts, crisis and emergency situations arise.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, moving from one work space to another;
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 20 pounds unassisted;
- Manual dexterity in order to use keyboard and mouse;
- Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze reports and data.
Skills & Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Intermediate proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook calendaring; highly accurate data entry skills;
- State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain one.
- CPR and 1st Aid certifications.
- Experience working with the homeless or impoverished;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
EOE - CASS isn't just an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills that will support our agency's mission and vision. CASS does not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristics.
CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays, paid sick time, and a generous PTO plan.
CASS IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND WE DRUG TEST
Salary: from $13.12/hour
Shift differential $2 / hour for hours worked between 11 pm and 6 am
Work Type: Full Time
Single Adult Shelter
230 South 12th Avenue - Phoenix, AZ 85007
Posting Admin: Marques Giles (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Category: Non-Profit/Social Services
Tag: customer service, social service, non-profit, social work, homeless, shelter, homeless shelter
EEO Category: Service Workers
This job is set to collect candidates using the Recruiting.com CRM.
Auto Response Text
Thank you for your interest in employment at Central Arizona Shelter Services. Your resume and cover letter have been received but we require all applicants to also submit a completed copy of our standard Employment Application. Candidates who do not submit an application will not be considered for employment.
Included below are links to our applications for both internal and external applicants. Please email all completed applications to HumanResources@cassaz.org
Thank you again for your interest in CASS!
230 South 12th Avenue
Not Specified Not Specified (Not Specified)
Pay: $13.12 to $15.12/hour
Job Status: Full Time