HOMELESS SHELTER WORKER - MORNING/AFTERNOON/EVENING SHIFTS
Provide direct client support:
- Register new clients, issue photo ID; explain agency rules and policies;
- Perform daily check-in of clients in Homeless Management Information System (HMIS); provide linens and assist with bag and tag process;
- Escort clients to Case Management and other campus partner agencies;
- Attend to client needs, answer questions, resolve problems and escalate to Lead when necessary;
- Monitor bed occupancy to ensure maximum usage;
- Conduct daily/random walk-throughs of facility ensuring conditions are safe and clients are adhering to shelter policies and procedures;
- Provide clients with information and referrals; document the interaction(s) in HMIS;
- Uphold CASS policies and procedures.
Participate in the efficient operation of the Shelter:
- Answer and direct incoming calls, provide information; monitor security gate access;
- Communicate and collaborate with other CASS departments and employees and outside agencies;
- Maintain complete and organized client files;
- Enter relevant data in HMIS accurately and according to shelter policies and procedures;
- Assist in the receipt and distribution of donations;
- Maintain adequate and organized stock of office and cleaning supplies and hygiene items; distribute hygiene items to clients as needed;
- Prepare Incident Reports (IR)and other reports;
- Maintain a clean, organized work area; wipe down counters and chairs on every shift;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Commitment to a solution-focused work environment and the clear intention to meet clients' expectations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to remain clear-headed when conflicts, crisis and emergency situations arise.
This job primarily operates in a homeless shelter environment however, occasional outreach work and outside event areas in various weather conditions are expected. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds unassisted. The employee must be able to self-transfer and move throughout the facilities, between buildings, and around campus at multiple sites. Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze reports and data. Visual acuity and physical ability to operate a motor vehicle. This is an active and fast-paced role.
- Minimum age of 18;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card;
- Possess a moderate level of proficiency in data entry, Microsoft Word and Excel;
- CPR-First Aid certification within 90 days of employment;
- Naloxone (Narcan) training within 90 days of employment.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish;
- Experience working with the homeless and / or impoverished.
EOE - CASS isn't just an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills that will support our agency's mission and vision. CASS does not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristics.
CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays, paid sick time, and a generous PTO plan.
CASS IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE, AND WE DRUG TEST
Pay: from $14.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time