HOMELESS SHELTER WORKER SEASONAL OVERNIGHTS
Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS), is a non-profit 501 (c)(3), and the largest provider of shelter and services to adults experiencing homelessness in Arizona. CASS offers a wide variety of services including shelter for adults and families, housing, supportive services, and a 5 Star rated accredited child development program. For more information about CASS, please visit our website at www.cassaz.org.
***This is a temporary position to provide Weather Relief to persons experiencing homelessness and is expected to run from approximately June 1-October 1, 2019. There is a $500 completion incentive for those who stay the entire length of the assignment.***
Shifts are 12 hours with an hour for lunch. Hours vary and are approximately are 5:30 pm - 6:30 am.
The shift pattern is as follows:
3 days worked, four days off, followed by four days worked and three days off.
Provide direct client support:
- Register new clients, issue photo ID; explain shelter rules and policies;
- Observe and assess agitation levels in order to proactively defuse crisis situations;
- Perform daily check-in of clients in Homeless Management Information System (HMIS);
- Attend to client needs, answer questions, resolve problems and escalate to Supervisor when necessary;
- Monitor bed occupancy to ensure maximum usage;
- Conduct hourly/random walk-throughs of facility ensuring conditions are safe and clients are adhering to shelter policies and procedures;
- Provide clients with information and referrals.
Work with the Shelter team to provide an efficient Shelter operation:
- Communicate and collaborate with other CASS co-workers, contract workers, and outside agencies;
- Enter relevant data in HMIS accurately and according to Shelter policies and procedures;
- Maintain adequate and organized stock of office and cleaning supplies and hygiene items; distribute hygiene items to clients as needed;
- Prepare Nightly Reports, Incident Reports (IR), and other reports as requested;
- Maintain a clean, organized work area; wipe down counters and chairs on every shift;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven ability to be flexible and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, moving from one workspace to another;
- Sitting at a desk for extended periods of time to accomplish tasks;
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 50 pounds unassisted;
- Manual dexterity in order to use keyboard and mouse.
- Minimum age of 18;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card;
- Possess a moderate level of proficiency in data entry, Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish;
- Experience working with the homeless and / or impoverished.
Pay: from $13.60/hour
$2 hour shift differential for hours worked between 11 pm-6 am. Minimum of 8 hours of OT every pay period
Job Status: Full Time,Contract/Temporary,Seasonal