HOUSING CASE MANAGER- NORTH PHOENIX
Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS), is a non-profit 501 (c)(3), and the largest provider of emergency shelter and housing solutions to adults and families experiencing homelessness in Arizona. Our mission is to prevent and end homelessness among individuals and families while advancing compassionate community solutions. For more information about CASS, please visit our website at www.cassaz.org.
Job Summary: Work directly with individuals who are experiencing homelessness, at-risk of homelessness, or recently discharged from a housing program. Provide support in completing applications for assistance to attain or retain stable housing so they may become self-sufficient and end their homelessness.
Provide direct client support in housing placement:
- Engage with clients experiencing homelessness to provide housing information based on client needs and preferences, including type, location, rental amounts;
- Assist clients with applying for move-in and travel assistance funds, including completing applications and gathering all required documentation according to funding source;
- Process and approve move-in fund applications and generate check requests;
- Coordinate client move-ins including arranging delivery of funds to landlords.
Conduct follow up meetings with clients recently discharged from a housing program:
- Outreach clients who are in housing to provide continued support in maintaining stable housing;
- Assist clients in connecting with community resources as needed;
- Serve as an advocate for clients to resolve landlord issues that threaten housing stability;
- Connect clients to eviction prevention resources as needed.
Develop and maintain relationships with property managers:
- Maintain consistent communication with property managers throughout the move-in process;
- Develop relationships with landlords who are willing to accept tenants they may not usually consider;
- Effectively communicate, acknowledge and negotiate with owners and landlords.
- Develop and maintain an updated list of housing providers and relationships with housing providers in Maricopa County.
Ensure data integrity and accurate reporting:
- Make detailed notes in HMIS on a timely basis;
- Maintain a case file for each client in accordance with standards dictated by funding source;
- Enter all required information pertaining to funding requests in the appropriate program;
- Maintain appropriate documentation of client eligibility.
Needed Competencies and Proficiencies:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven ability to be flexible and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
This job primarily operates in both a public and office indoor environment however. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Driving and working outside of the office in summer heat and other inclement weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds unassisted. The employee must be able to self-transfer and move throughout the facilities, between buildings, and around campus at multiple sites. Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze reports and data. Visual acuity and physical ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are with time allotted for breaks/lunch.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. with time allotted for breaks/lunch. Evening and weekend work may be occasionally required as job duties demand. Travel is primarily local during the business day.
- Minimum of three years driving experience;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook calendaring; highly accurate data entry and case notation skills;
- Valid Arizona driver License, insurance and satisfactory 39-month driving record;
- Must have reliable transportation, and be willing to use personal vehicle for work-related purposes;
- Possess or have the ability to obtain State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Bachelor’s degree in social or behavioral science or related field and six months directly related experience; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish;
- Experience working with the homeless and / or impoverished;
- Knowledge of landlord-tenant laws, American’s with Disabilities Act, Fair Housing, Section 8 and other regulations related to affordable housing, Section 8 and other regulations related to affordable housing
EOE - CASS isn't just an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills that will support our agency's mission and vision. CASS does not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristics.
CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays, paid sick time, and a generous PTO plan.
CASS IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND WE DRUG TEST
Pay: from $18/hour
Job Status: Full Time