HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Job Summary: Assist the Director of Human Resources in the movement and management of employees through the employment life-cycle to include hiring, onboarding, and orientation of new employees. Assist the Director to ensure all legal, regulatory and compliance requirements are fulfilled during the employment life-cycle and in all HR disciplines.
- Assist with the recruitment and interview process. Track status of candidates and respond with follow-up letters at the end of the hiring cycle.
- Prepare and send offer letters and welcome emails that include all releases and instructions for pre-employment testing; monitor status of pre-employment testing and update hiring manager of status; coordinate start date with hiring manager.
- Order keys, t-shirts, IT services and electronic equipment prior to start date.
- Conduct new-hire meetings to complete new-hire paperwork, issue equipment, keys, t-shirts and provide name badge and log in information to new employees; provide new employees with basic information they will need prior to monthly new-hire orientation; coordinate a site tour.
- Enter new employees in HRIS to facilitate onboarding, and maintain data in HRIS ongoing.
- Verify I-9 information and enter all new employees in e-Verify system; file I-9 in active I-9 binder; upon termination move I-9 to inactive binder and calculate destroy date.
- Submit Central Registry requests; capture a copy of fingerprint clearance card within 30 days of hire.
- With Director of Human Resources and Program team, coordinate monthly new-hire orientation.
- Maintain and update onboarding forms and upload to HRIS.
- Prepare new-employee files and maintain all employee files.
Human Resources Duties
- Assist Director to enroll employees in trainings and seminars; maintain training records to ensure all employees are incompliance with required training such as 1st Aid, CPR, and Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Track TB and other medical testing & immunization requirements and ensure results are promptly filed and all employees are in compliance.
- Monitor new employee benefit enrollments and contact new employees within two weeks as a touch point to answer benefit-related questions.
- Assist with employee awareness marketing of benefit plans and wellness program.
- Monitor benefit enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions submit life insurance and disability claims.
- Assist Director with reconciliation of benefits statements.
- Assist with the preparation for the performance review process.
- Assist with management of Workers’ Compensation claims, maintenance of OSHA log and OSHA 300 filing.
- Assist with processing terminations. Obtain Termination Form and supporting documentation from Director of Human Resources, compute final check and process termination in HRIS; contact IT to disable email and VDI, remove employee from all email distribution lists and return previously issued equipment to inventory.
- Serve on Activities Committee; assist in planning and coordinating staff events such as the holiday party and all-staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as required
- Make photocopies; mail, scan, and email documents and perform other clerical tasks.
- Stay current on HR knowledge and conduct research when requested.
Needed Competencies and Proficiencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Well organized; ability to oversee various tasks with competing priorities;
- Ability to make good decisions in difficult situations;
- Commitment to a solution-focused, team-oriented work environment and the clear intention to meet employees’ expectations;
- Must model integrity and have the ability to build confidence and trust;
- Ability to maintain sensitive information in confidence.
Work Environment: This job primarily operates in both a public and office indoor environment however. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds unassisted. The employee must be able to self-transfer and move throughout the facilities, between buildings, and around campus at multiple sites. Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze reports and data. Visual acuity and physical ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days are typically Monday- Friday with time allotted for breaks/lunch.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications or related field and a minimum of one year of Human Resources experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Demonstrated accurate data entry skills.
- State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain one.
- State of Arizona Notary or ability to obtain.
- Human Resources Professional Certification through SHRM/HRCI.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
EOE - CASS isn't just an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills that will support our agency's mission and vision. CASS does not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristics.
CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays, paid sick time, and a generous PTO plan.
CASS IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE, AND WE DRUG TEST
Job Status: Full Time