INTENSIVE CASE MANAGER - VETERANS AND SINGLE ADULTS
Are you a top performer motivated by the opportunity to make a huge impact on the community?
Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS), is a non-profit 501 (c)(3), and the largest provider of shelter and services to homeless adults in Arizona. CASS offers a wide variety of services meeting the needs of the homeless community, including shelter for adults and families; housing; supportive services; and a 5 Star rated accredited child development program. For more information about CASS, please visit our website at www.cassaz.org.
CASS is seeking a hands-on Veterans' Case Manager to serve as both field-work navigator and Case Manager. He or she will identify and work directly with individuals who are experiencing long-term homelessness or have significant challenges obtaining stable housing such as serious mental illness and/or medical vulnerability. He or she will provide support and referrals to service providers to expedite clients’ opportunities to obtain and retain stable housing. This is an active and fast-paced role.
Assist clients with applying and appealing SSI/SSDI and VA benefits:
- Complete interviews with clients to gather information to complete SSI/SSDI and/or VA applications;
- Initiate paperwork following SSI/SSDI Outreach Access and Recover (SOAR) process with clients eligible for and seeking social security benefits; assist clients in navigating the VA benefits system;
- Gather medical records, service records and other information to complete applications;
- Write medical summary reports for applications;
- Accompany clients to appointments at the Social Security Administration, Veterans Administration and/ or the Department of Social Services to apply for benefits;
- Accompany and/or transport clients to meetings with healthcare providers to obtain records and documentation related to their benefit applications.
Identify vulnerable individuals and build an effective case plan for them customized to their individual needs:
- Conduct in-depth intake interview;
- Review HMIS database for background information on returning clients;
- Assess client to develop effective case plan;
- Review case plan with client; provide resource information, referrals, and direction.
Refer client to appropriate housing providers, and facilitate and support seeking income:
- Identify clients’ specific housing needs, their strengths, resources and potential challenges to obtaining stable housing;
- Collaborate with housing providers to expedite housing opportunities for clients;
- Per agency guidelines, provision clothing, bus tickets, haircut vouchers, etc.;
- Be readily available to answer questions, follow-up and discuss challenges and progress; provide walk-up assistance.
Conduct weekly and ad-hoc follow-up sessions with clients to facilitate success in achieving their goals:
- Review progress, monitor notes in system from other departments, and obtain additional information to assure client in adhering to the case plan;
- Assist client with applications and forms; make contact with providers with and on behalf of client;
- Assist client in obtaining forms, completing paperwork, and contacting referrals
- Make complete and accurate notes in HMIS system prior to end of each shift;
- Close out files completely and promptly.
- Build and maintain relationships with campus partners;
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in social or behavioral science or related field and one-year of directly related experience;
- Strong knowledge of resources;
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card;
- Possess valid Arizona driver license, satisfactory driving record and proof of insurance coverage;
- Moderate to high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; highly accurate data entry skills;
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull 25 pounds unassisted; ability to spend much of the shift standing and/or walking.
- Commitment to a solution-focused work environment and the clear intention to meet client expectations;
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy and hands-on work environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to remain clear-headed when conflicts, crisis and emergency situations arise.
- Veterans strongly preferred;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays, paid sick time and a generous PTO.
Pay: $17 to $17.50/hour
CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays and a generous PTO.
Job Status: Full Time