Intensive Navigation Supervisor
Are you a top performer motivated by the opportunity to make a huge impact on the community?
Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS), is a non-profit 501 (c)(3), and the largest provider of shelter and services to homeless adults in Arizona. CASS offers a wide variety of services meeting the needs of individuals and families experiencing homelessness. For more information about CASS, please visit our website at www.cassaz.org.
CASS is seeking a hands-on supervisor to provide leadership and support to Intensive Case Managers who engage with and navigate chronically homeless individuals in crisis and/or with acute medical and behavioral health needs. The supervisor deescalates clients in crisis situations in a shelter environment. The supervisor builds and sustains productive relationships with community partners and providers. This is an active and fast-paced role.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, moving from one workspace to another;
- Sitting at a desk for extended periods of time to accomplish tasks;
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 20 pounds unassisted;
- Manual dexterity in order to use keyboard and mouse;
- Vision and coordination in order to drive an automobile;
- Driving and working outside of the office in the heat of summer and other inclement weather conditions.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in social or behavioral science or related field and two-years of experience in homeless or behavioral health services;
- Healthy knowledge of healthcare systems and local healthcare resources;
- Must have State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or apply upon receipt of offer of employment;
- Valid AZ Driver License and a driving record that meets agency standards. Must have reliable transportation. Proof of insurance is required.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook; highly accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to maintain boundaries and to communicate clearly and professionally;
- Commitment to a solution-focused work environment and the clear intention to meet client expectations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to write complete and concise case notes;
- Must demonstrate personal responsibility and integrity, show initiative and an ability to work independently;
- Must be sensitive to cultural diversity and lifestyle issues;
- Desire and capacity to work in fast-paced, high-energy hands-on work environment;
- Able to remain clear-headed when conflicts, crisis and emergency situations arise.
- Peer support certification;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Pay: from $19/hour
CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays and a generous PTO.
Job Status: Full Time