West Valley Program Coordinator
Are you motivated by an opportunity to make a huge impact on our community? Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) and the largest provider of emergency shelter and housing solutions to adults and families experiencing homelessness in Arizona. The mission of CASS is to prevent and end homelessness among individuals and families while advancing compassionate community solutions. For more information about CASS, please visit our website at www.cassaz.org.
This role serves as the liaison between the downtown CASS shelter, networking partners, and the Norton Ramsey Social Justice Empowerment Center on a daily basis. This position is responsible for the program coordination functions of the department and will contribute to event planning, calendaring, data analysis and program evaluation aspects of the department. This individual will provide quality client service; daily responsibilities are to be carried out with high attention to detail. This is an active and fast-paced role.
Oversee daily operations of Norton Ramsey Social Justice Empowerment Center:
- Greet, direct, and provide orientation to visitors to the Center;
- Ensure operation of equipment, schedule repairs, maintain equipment inventories;
- Maintain overall appearance of office and guest experience;
- Triage complaints and grievances in accordance with CASS policy;
- Coordinate with all departments and partners to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and specifications;
- Maintain supply inventory;
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with clients, teams, networking partners, and managers.
Refer client to appropriate housing resources, and support in seeking services:
- Identify clients’ specific housing needs, their strengths, resources and potential challenges to obtaining stable housing;
- Assist client in obtaining forms, completing paperwork, and contacting referrals;
- Collaborate with housing providers to expedite housing opportunities for clients;
- Per agency guidelines, provide clothing, bus tickets, haircut vouchers, etc. as available;
- Be readily available to answer questions, follow-up and discuss challenges and progress; provide walk-in assistance.
- Provide education to clients in areas of tenant rights and responsibilities.
- Work with landlords to collect and process information for the purpose of rental assistance in an accurate and timely manner.
Ensure data integrity for accurate reporting:
- Enter client information into HMIS promptly, maintaining accurate records;
- Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary and/or protected information;
- Compile data and produce reports for analysis and assessment of program effectiveness;
- Provide “success stories” and other positive client progress information to development team.
Needed Competencies and Proficiencies:
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- High level of attention to detail and ability to multitask;
- Ability to organize, meet deadlines, and prioritize appropriately;
- Ability to work with diverse populations and build positive, respectful relationships with all individuals;
- Commitment to immediately report any problems and issues to Programs Manager;
- Ability to remain calm and clearheaded when conflicts, crisis, and emergency situation arise;
- Commitment to a solutions-focused, collaborative work environment;
- Desire and capacity to work in a fast-paced, high-energy, hands-on environment;
- Ability to function as a team player and collaborate partner with others.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment; however, occasional outreach work and outside event areas in various weather conditions are expected. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb stairs; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds unassisted. The employee must be able to self-transfer and move throughout the facilities, between buildings, and around campus at multiple sites. Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze reports and data. Visual acuity and physical ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are typically 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, with time allotted for breaks/lunch. Evening and weekend work may be occasionally required as job duties demand. Travel is primarily local during the business day.
- AA degree in social or behavioral science or a related field and one year of directly related experience with vulnerable individuals, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A compassionate and trauma-informed approach to services;
- CPR and First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain;
- Valid Arizona driver license and a driving record that meets agency standards. Must have reliable transportation. Proof of auto insurance;
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook; highly accurate data entry skills;
- State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain one.
- Bachelor’s degree in social or behavioral science;
- Previous work with homeless populations;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish;
- HMIS Experience
EOE - CASS isn't just an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills that will support our agency's mission and vision. CASS does not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristics.
CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays, paid sick time, and a generous PTO plan.
CASS IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND WE DRUG TEST
Pay: from $17.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time